Map install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_1sf_*

Guest_1sf_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:12 AM

I was curious whats the file path to install maps so you can use them in multi player online?

1SF (the name not the tag) this is a formal disclaimer anouncing the fact this name is used for indentification purposes only and does not reflect the oppinions or ideas of the SF clan or any of its affiliates, employees, or even pets neighbors pets or their neighbors pets room mates. This is a name it is only a name BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP if this had been an actual emergency it would have been followed.........

#2 Whitestar|SF

Whitestar|SF

Germany is a Pleasant Country

• SF Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Interests:my little son ^^

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:13 PM

ROOAARRRH
Posted Image
TOUCH ME TIGER ^^ nice to see you :P :wub:

I was curious whats the file path to install maps so you can use them in multi player online?

to install and use an new hw2 map look this

1. look were your hw2 game is installed (like this E:\ )
2. open the hw2 folder
3. open the data folder
4. there are any folders now ..... like ANIMATICS and any .big files
5. there must be too an folder called leveldata, if not you must create this folder
6. open the folder leveldata (he is empty) and create an new 1 there called multiplayer
7. open the folder multiplayer (he is empty) and create an new folder called deathmatch
8. all maps you wanna install now ,go to this folder "deathmatch"

all maps you ever played and loaded are safed in

\Homeworld2\Bin\Profiles\levels

if you open an folder ther now, you see an LEVEL.file and the mapname like this 6p_crimson_bond_evolutionse.
mark this LEVEL file now and send it to the deathmatch folder witch you create before!!
this map is now available for you now if you start an server.

if you wanna install an badge they must be installed here --> \Homeworld2\Bin\Profiles\Badges
and it must be an TGA.file

DANI ---> out :wub: :wub:

untitled.jpg
vaygr.gif
progenitor.jpg
whitestar11.png

SOMETIMES I MISS MY KASKARA BUT IT SEEMS HE DONT MISS ME!!
THERE MUST BE AN ANGEL ....... HE IS TALKING TO YOUR HEART!! let him!!

#3 Tri-Edge

Tri-Edge

Gillette Mach III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:29 PM

What she said. lol I use WinRAR for my badges and levels, but you can also use my computer for that also. My computer is better for moving files tho if that is what you happen to be doing. You'll get a hang of it in like a week or so it's not that bad complexity wise. Anyways have fun with it.
Dessy

#4 Guest_1sf_*

Guest_1sf_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:27 PM

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users