3 replies to this topic

#1 Pit Viper|SF

Pit Viper|SF

Teh Sexah Pitah Vipah

• Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:17 AM

i just bought a Intel Pentium 4. to replace my celeron 2.

but the 4 has hyper threading technology, and my MOBO doesnt support it. is there anyway w/out upgradind mobo to get it to work? and if not could you please post a link of suggests mobo to buy. i dont want to spend alot of money. less than 100.

(3PCI slots and 2 DDR ram needed)

Pit Viper|SF
These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. --- Thomas Paine

Posted Image

#2 BorderLord|SF

BorderLord|SF

Representative Elder

• Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:chess, growing roses, hunting and fishing, the pic is me and max, he likes to snuggle behind me and curl up along my neck if I lay down to watch TV

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:00 PM

Pit

You most likely need a 775 socket, and the mobo you have was socket G I believe. Checked online and mobo's run from 49.99 up....good ones abouth 100, best 300. I am scrapping my sons when he gets home from fort eustis, and will check if his mobo fits the pentium 4....I think he has pentium 3, if it fits its yours.

My web source is nanosys1.com or general nanosystems.....if you need anything holler and I will check it out

Borderlord

My whole new dual core, dual graphics system total cost was around 900.00 dollars
Posted Image

#3 Pit Viper|SF

Pit Viper|SF

Teh Sexah Pitah Vipah

• Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 05:31 PM

thanks border.

its socket 478. just FYI. and its ATX. if thats what your sons is and it supports hyper threading it'd be really nice.

Pit Viper|SF
These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. --- Thomas Paine

Posted Image

#4 Tri-Edge

Tri-Edge

Gillette Mach III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:51 PM

I'm no computer tech, but I'm sure border knows what he is talking about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users