11 replies to this topic

#1 Drident

Drident

Stale Bread

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:00 AM

Tell us about your first battle online on homeworld.Tell us against who,who won,which tactics did you use etc, tell us all ;)

#2 FatboylSF

FatboylSF

Eldarberry

• Elder
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:biking, playing online RT strat games, summer sports, boating, skiing etc.....

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

cant remember

Fatboy

#3 Airwave|SF

Airwave|SF

God Save Queen Mum

• Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

LOL you old bastard... probably can't even remember what you did yesterday!

#4 Indabag

Indabag

I'm Speshul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

My first battle on WON...

I quite well remember, it was about mid-February of 2006...

I just had my HW game patched, and was eager to try online play. Having previously played a lot against computers, I already knew how to use all of the ships, and even already knew about the scout afterburners special.
I joined WON for the first time and hopped in a game, there were 4 other people in this game, making a total of 5 including me. I don't remember one, but Chainster, Vicious, and Kila, all presently SF members, were in this game, however they went by different names at the time. Chainster was Halflife, Vicious was War, and Kila was Fleetkila, or something like that. I went by the name of r_u_hi_2, of course nobody recognized me, and so they thought I was a smurf (and of course, I had no idea what a smurf was at the time).
The game we played was a FFA on Hyperspace Arena, with cpus... I was unaware at the time that this didn't represent a typical HW multiplayer game. In the game I built a decent cap fleet, and didn't forget to build scouts. Then Kila came and attacked me, and because I was a noob, I didn't know of the necessity of support frigates, so I was defeated, but not without a fight first. I remember at one point during the game, not knowing how to chat, so I minimized HW, and proceeded to look up the multiplayer controls from the HW quick reference card.

That's what I remember about my first game on WON...

#5 EldarFleet|SF

EldarFleet|SF

Suzy Q's

• SF Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • XBOX Live!:versedhorison
  • Name:Mathew

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

oh wow I can't remember my first game on WON but I was totally clueless. I do remember my first game with airwave and learning about SF.
Posted Image
[Insert Signature Here]

#6 FiirkslSF

FiirkslSF

Gameranger!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts
  • Interests:Technology policy, cyber security, gender/sex/sexuality, American politics
  • Name:Tim

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

I miss the days of the SF v 4 on DOM II. Those are some of my earlier memories of HW. Of course, at the time, I was on the opposite side of the map, cursing the SF guys under my breath the whole time. Good old days.
I'll be back.

#7 Stallion|SF

Stallion|SF

Stale Bread

• SF Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:22 AM

Oh geese, who knows... I'm sure it was against some more skilled player, and I'm sure I got my butt kicked. I hadn't even beat the SP levels yet. That would have been in like 1999 or 2000 or something. I was reluctant to play online at all, I remember that... Good thing I did though because I met all of you guys. XP

#8 Squid|SF

Squid|SF

Now accepting cash donations.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:27 AM

I remember the SF vs SF games and I still remember Malone's destroyer being right where my MS jumped to. :rolleyes: <_<

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Malone|SF

Malone|SF

I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts
  • Interests:Water Skiing, Snow Skiing, Gymnastics, Racquetball, Swim, Mountain Bike, Rollerblade, Reading, Movies, Tegus<br />Homeworld, Halo 1+2, Halflife, Doom, Mechwarrior, BF 2142, Big Hair Music of all kinds.

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

Well duh! Don't jump your MS on top of my destroyer! :rolleyes:

Malone out.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

The capacity to learn is a gift.
The ability to learn is a skill.
The willingness to learn is a choice.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

A world is supported by four things:
The learning of the wise,
The justice of the great,
The prayers of the righteous, and
The valor of the brave.
But all these are nothing without
The ruler who knows the art of ruling.

#10 infection~VX

infection~VX

Stale Bread

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name:Levi

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

i remember fleetkiller and airwave...

my first game, i was a total utter noob. i just built everything i could, and they had no recognisable formation, i just swarmed them at my enemy. frigates destroyers, fighters, corvettes, i just made them all attack the same person. i got my butt kicked.

#11 StigmaLS

StigmaLS

Stale Bread

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name:Heath

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

My first game online that I can remember was against someone in the Nova Devine (NvD) clan. He was amazing. In about 2 minutes the guy had taken out my resource gathering ships and started attacking me with his swarm. I was a NooB. Obviously I was stunned at how quickly he could build ships and attack. Back in WON I began asking him questions about how to play online. He began teaching me as much as he could. We’d play games and he’d show me the basics of the different formations and strategies and when to use them.

I can’t believe how much fun I had. I think playing the game was only half of the fun. Many of my nights were spent chatting on WON. Clan rivalries were in full swing. Daisycutter was annoying the crap out of everyone. <_< The few girls that played were being stalked by everyone else. Ah, the memories. :wub:

The most memorable games were the FFA bounty games that CANADA666 ran; minimal starting resources in empty space. You had to kill to get resources. It was a huge challenge. Those games were what drew me to clan666.

#12 Leviathon

Leviathon

Cornhusker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:Sentenced to Damnination
    08/18/1986
  • Name:Mike

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

First game was with osgier strangely enough i believe, dont remember much, was pretty fun to play it online, sad won is gone.
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://www.rakrent.c...c_homeworld.htm
http://www.rakrent.c..._homeworld2.htm
Posted Image
[url="""]title="A Homeworld Universe Mod" target="_blank">http:// alt="A Homeworld Universe Mod" width="88" border="0" height="31">[/url]
http://www.xfire.com...creenshots/hw2/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users